This 30 day challenge has been bomb so far. The best part of open journaling and challenging myself is that no day documented is perfect. There is so much hard core stuff that happens in between bullet pointing my day or what could be on my iPods shuffle. It has been tough. I have to fuzz myself in coated desire to express the places I would like to visit. While I am feeling discouraged. Yeah that is right. Yesterday I was so far from being in the mood to tap into that topic. Despite backing out I kept my post short and sweet. It was posted later than usssssssg. However better late than never .
I picked myself up and dust off the deflated mood I was in to totally be Zen in this moment. This challenge I will dare you to try if you haven’t already. Like any daring thing in life .Can you push through and commit even when times are rough? You dealing with your own day to day hustle yet still trying to have digital presence and adhere to the topic.
Some topics were fluffy and imaginative while you feeling the complete opposite. But it is amazing to see the fruits of what is produce . Especially after not wanting to quit and push through.
This blogging challenge would have never brought life to this blog if it were not for my blogging bud Momentswithr&l. Do give her blog a browse comment on post you relate to.Today’s one is especially epic.
My earliest childhood Memory
Dude I remember tons of things.For Some reason my mind holds onto a lot of crappy memories too. I digress for “You hold Memories Memories don’t hold you”.
Closing my eyes in this very moment I see a kid with messy hair in a pink two piece. High waisted swim suite laying on a sofa. Being care free and freaken cute. My grandmother has this exact moment captured. This picture is living in the lounge area at home in Cape Town where I am from. Unfortunately I am km’s apart . Having them sent to me in a jpeg of the photo that has been framed won’t do justice. Due to that low megapixel quality my grandmother’s cell phone possess.
I was 3 years old. Already fearful of almost everything. Honey I have come along way. This day we went to the swimming pools . I knew the adult pool was way to deep for me. And my family wanted to have pictures taken close to the pool. I was so afraid because they wanted me in every picture.I had a fear of Drowning. I literally started sobbing. I don’t recall whether they knew why I was freaking out. All I know is I just was. I have pictures of those too. I will try and edit this post if I can get great quality images for them. Until then be creative with your imagination on this one.
My grandmother , dad and uncle . We’re all well styled on this day. They had retro fashion down to the T. Bare in mind it was the 90s. Their back packs were retro and colour blocking for sure. I had those toddler Sandles on with a Mickey mouse t-shirt. Every picture my hair would be standing way up. To this day I still don’t care for hair that much.
Another one of my memories from early on was how afraid I was to travel on escalators or elevators. I always had this fear of falling. I never liked that feeling you get when you feel the lift moving up or down. Whenever I would be on any one of those. I would cry my eye balls out.
Have you ever had these fears when you were young comment down below and share whether you willing to try a 30 day blog challenge .
I have introduced this topic on to my blog by adding it to my bucket list. There are two places I need to travel and experience. So I do see myself living in both places for a while.
First off It is London
Why you may ask? If it is not for the Mr Bean Sense of humor within me. It is for the Spice Girl culture. Atomic kitten vibes 101 dalmatian locations. Most romantic movies were filmed there. A personal fav is If Only. The smoothest boys on television Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly. Come on for Austin Powers . The telephone booths. An English roast . A cup of tea cuisine the list is endless. I should just end my motivation and say that my fav youtubers live there.
Next stop is Los Angeles
I saved this one for last because this was my first choice. I Knew L.A was a must since Crossroad came out. I use to be glued to television when behind the scenes takes would come on. Showing off Hollywood and its beauty. I love reading blogs about what moving to L.A is like. I do have tons of things to add but I will save it for a special post.
Images were found through google searches and movingtola.com
Comment down below what places you have to visit or would like to live in some day
Gorgeous Saturday to you guys. Wherever you may find yourself right now. Try and not to forget this day. If you have been following my 30 day challenge I just want to thank you for sticking around. I love catching up with you. If you have challenged yourself before leave links in the comments . If you haven’t I dare you to try.
Today’s challenge as always is joined with my blogging bud. Moments with R &L. We pretty much have to detail points of our day. Find my blogging buddy’s post over here and mine below.
We work together so our schedule is pretty similar. We worked today yaaaaaay us right on a Saturday sooooooh here it goes.
My Saturday Morning Pre leaving home
- I woke up this morning feeling way better than I did the day before
- I opened up my eyes from a fussed dream.
- I brushed my dream off and cuddled my bae Shaka for a bit
- I eventually got out of bed.
- I thanked God for the day and granting me a second chance at being better than before
- I had a cup of tea and took a moment to appreciate wanting to have a great attitude for the day ahead.
- Got ready and walked out the door for work
Setting my foot out the door
- I am literally walking distance from work and as the remote controlled gate closed from my home my blogging bud just pulled up. Her arrival was unexpected so I was just thrilled to see her and journey along to work together.
- We catched up while driving to work we haven’t seen each other the day before which was great fun sharing the things we missed.
- We made our work day our B!#$
Once We finished our working hours
- We sorter went our seperate ways but headed to the grocery store
- Shaka met up with me we got a few things
- We took a stroll home
- We had a snack and enjoyed an afternoon outdoors
- A little garden party while watching sunset and enjoying each others company
- we listened to the album American Teen the playlist was on shuffle it was the best way I could never forget this day
- He fell asleep I ate whatever I could nibble on
- I got comfy in my pjs
- I had a attitude for gratitude and opened up the desktop reminiscing on older memories
- And have decided to share my day and old memories with you
Some cool snaps I found
Hi you guys day 11 in on my 30 day challenge. Yesterday was such a great read from Moments with R&L. I had a humoungest smile on my face for it. If you haven’t already give her blog a browse. She has been my blogging bud particularly with this 30 day challenge. She is the brain behind this typo marathon. I couldn’t be more happy to try this.
Today’s challenge is if your iPod would be on shuffle what would the first 10 songs be. My list is right below
- Run & Gun Beyonce and Jay Z
- Smash into you Beyonce
- Me myself and I Beyonce
- He loves me Jill Scott
- Two becomes one Spice Girls
- Witness Katy Perry
- The way I love you Tamia
- All Night Chance the Rapper
- Real Friends Kanye West
- Some kinda drug G Eazy
This is personal favs I surely jam out to in my underwear. Lol TMI guys hope you find a few tracks to enjoy.Browse through my list. Links are found in each title.
Comment below if any sticks to you
All things Kardashian is surely mine. Yes I know they maybe controversial but I share no guilt in loving them one bit. I have grown with their family since the first season. I would get snippets of episodes when I visited family and friends . At my grandparents house where I grew up we never had dstv. So whenever I would visit someone that had .I would request E entertainment channel 124.
Why do I enjoy all things Kardashian well because why wouldn’t I? They thought provoking, loving and are pro positive vibes . They human relatable and daring. They bold and different.
All things Kardashian could be Keeping up. Their dash line the spin offs. Kylies show . Kocktails with Khloe an absolute fav. One of my blog post was a blog nomination. That entailed 11 fun questions that had to be answered. One of which was “What 3 celebrities would you invite to dinner” One of the three had to be Kris Jenner.
If their was any Kardashian I would dare to meet. It would be Momma bear Kris. I would drink whatever she would be drinking & soak in the glow of my guilty Pleasure.
Comment below what your guilty pleasure is
This 30 day blog challenge is brining out the realness in me. By the look of the title you know where we heading. This is a touchy subject for me cause I have had lots of blows up until this point. I knew in my core from very young on that story telling was my best point of life . I was drawn to television so crazily. My 22 dolls were all named after television characters. I saw myself as a content producer way before I even knew what the job title was. Conceptualizing and managing content.
I am so artsy fartsy you dont even know. I was exposed to the entertainment industry at 11 years old. I had photoshoots done for casting agencies. I auditioned for Televison and Radio. In my teens I took art more seriously by attending paid drama clubs. I would enroll myself in dramatic art workshops. I learned contemporary dance . I had loads of dancing friends. One of which was Shaka.
At the end of High School I consider leaning towards Marketing in the corporate world. It seemed like a safe creative option. I was becoming tensed after my high school graduation. To further my education seemed indefinite for me . You know because of finance and yadah yadah.
I started interning at 16 years old at Radio and a Television network. Non paying of course . For experience and an opportunity to see whether there was a future in this line of work for me. No one at the time could offer me a consistent pay check after school. So freelancing and interning for an inconsistent R80 a day was a brutal fight of Faith to bare. I got a “real job” with all the benefits you could hope for . With the intention to use my earnings and save for school.
My dream job would be Encapsulating raw experiences in relatable context for millions to see across the world.
In the comments below share what your dream job would be
Day 8 of my 30 day challenge is about the things I can’t live without. I want you to clear your mind with me .Forget about the essentials for one second . Let’s say you have the obvious cell phone , tooth brush and whatever basic element we surely couldn’t go without. What would all of that mean if we didn’t have any of the following 5:
Here are Five things my life would suck without
- A bit of Lalaland Imagination and Wonder . Music Mystery and all things Artsy sums this one up for me . I couldnt see life without a pinch of grind or elegance through dance. Niether Jazz , soul a bit of Kanye West and all leading women who leave you gasping with question “As to how they do things so effortlessly”.
- The good In People. I believe there isn’t one person on this planet who is pure evil. Every individual has their weakness and have their share of awakened sensitivity.
- I couldn’t live without the Joy of life . The celebration of milestones no matter how little or humoungest an achievement seem. How we surprise each other with gifts and quality time.
- I couldn’t live without being able to share the little that exist in being present. Whether it may be tangible, conversational or anything irreplaceable.
- Lastly I couldn’t live without God being love . Whether love that was permitted by him romantically. Unconditionally I couldn’t imagine a world without forgiveness Kindness or patients .
The more I strived towards leaning on to the desires of my bucket list. The more I have grown to capture The moment and be present.
Recently I surprised Moments with R&L for her birthday . This brought life to No 3 in every way. After work we headed down to the parking lot. I arranged a balloon to be tied to her car with a note. The note was 1 of 3 part letters. Part 1 listed 7 Things I hated about her. A song she was obsessed with when Miley Cyrus was everything to us 90’s tarts. Next to the note was a gift bag. Inside the gift bag were a few goodies. Coconut chocolates packaged in Raffaello’s gift package. She has been dying to Diy a handbag. Next to the coated chocolates were back pack pins and fabric stick ons. Part 2 of the friendship note bowed with ribbon next to her treats. I listed 7 Things I loved about her in the second note. I mentioned all 6 except the 7th last thing. Which was posted to her home address. A more personal letter attached with a personalized prayer and the mention of the 7th Thing I so loved about her.
What would living in this world be without the Joys of those Things and a blogging bud who made my 30 day Challenge Possible . An update with how She is finding this challenge click over here.
Leave comments down below on what you couldn’t live without.
Day 7 of my 30 day challenge is all about my childhood Toys . To be honest I lived in front of the television as a kid. I would sit on the carpet right in front of the television set . Hence my current eye problem. I was so addicted with watching TV right until the age of 15. I wouldn’t miss an episode of Barney Idols or Grey’s Anatomy .I kid you not I woke up like at 5 am in the morning just to watch wrestlemania. Now I have a hard time waking up for work .
I would watch those infomercials and get hooked on product reviews . Remember when they launched Twista and it came on Tv. Dude I lived for watching those commercials . I would always tell myself when I grow up I would have this and that . Mainly all the things I some how discovered through television. Whether it was my Mr Mcdreamy from Grey’s . The latest baby born or whatever . It would have been primarily introduced to me via television broadcast .
I was such a loner kid so for starters . I would have imaginary friends . Oh boo whoo. I loved it. I was privileged though I had so Many toys to list a few won’t do my childhood justice . To paint you a picture I had a drum kit , baby Borns. I had dolls counting to 22 and still have them in my old room. All of which had individual names . I named a few after characters in Days of our lives . I had a walking doll. An iron set. I had so much cool stuff it is hard to pick a fav. Who didn’t enjoy playing with a yoyo.
I am no duh a 90s kid . I had fake heels. Sabrina’s diy collection. I had loads of colour in books . I kept all my Spur birthday packs . There were a bunch of toys and my first wallet was from Spur . My wallet was always filled with tons of coins . A R10 was most probably the largest amount in notes I had in there. I had those radios that were attached with a Mic . A sort of mobile karaoke machine . It was so cool .
I hope today’s read was as fun for you as it was to write . In the comments below list your childhood Toys and if any of ours are similar . Xoxo T
Happy Soul Sunday guys . Today I got my bounce back . I truly had a rough few weeks . I felt further from myself . This weekend I slowly got my bounce back. It all started with a lengthy Convo with my mom. Finding the courage to share and find fellowship with a girl friend . And to open my heart and be vulnerable with Shaka . Can you imagine? After nearly 8 years of dating I still struggle to say sorry and wara wara fish paste . It’s been great to grow lately in those areas of my life . I met up with a girlfriend late afternoon yesterday . I can’t stop thinking about how great our conversations were and how that has made me feel less alone .
Todays challenge is about my Zodiac sign and a lot of my starsign ties into the difficulty I have had with sharing my life with others.Here is how.
I am a Gemini I was born 31 May 1994. Gemins are known to be stubborn. Gemini is both an air sign and a mutable sign. The duality often leads to internal conflict. You guys know where I am heading from here on out. We Geminis have this natural tendency to have internal conflict and be stubborn about it.
I use to read my star sign all the time in magazines when I grew up. When I was 19 I looked up what a Gemini really was . And couldn’t agree more with the facts . Here are a few agreeable characteristics I have .
The contradictory essence of Geminis is to be both the life of the party and the flower on the wall. In social settings we are frequently unpredictable although always articulate .We open minded and can be extreme at times . We curious playful and intellectual. We are active and adventurous. A Gemini women when dating her it can feel more of a friendship. She needs to be nurtured loved and catered to. She is very demanding yet pron to keep men. Once you have her she is easily jealous the reason for this is that if she is going to open up to a man when she rarely completely open up to anyone . She does not want yo take risk of being hurt and deceived. They are exciting and worth the effort you will remember them forever .
Keep in mind Shaka is a Gemini to. The saying that we pron to have this two personality sort of thing happens all the time. I see it in myself more than I do in Shaka . In south Africa people say one day you a gem the next day you can be a N@#$ and it’s more of an A $$ whipe tone . Lol but it is true my moods are never the same . I do make effort to better myself in areas of a Gemini now more than ever but a lot of those personality traits are true experiences for me .
If you a Gemini tell me all about your experiences and whether you believe in your star sign. Leave comments down below .
Thank you for walking with me on the 30 day challenge .
My My My it’s already day 5 and this challenge has dawned through.
It is 21:48 this evening. Yet I am still powering through this 30 day blog challenge. Moments with R&L tagged me for this month’s theme and if it were not for her cheerleading on my side . My commitment would have been an epic failure . Check her progress over here.
Today’s challenge will be an absolute pleasure. I have to chat to you about my comfort foods. Now I am such a foodie I love eating. I am so open to trying new foods. Especially if they new to my palate. I am for all things gourmet and heartily prepped . I have my own cooking confessions which you can read more about here. However my comfort foods vary.
I love indulging in stews for comfort. I could end up dishing myself 3 plates in one evening. To feel filled and hearty. By hearty I mean comfy and fluffy. I gain a sense of nostalgia from my childhood dishes . There is nothing more compelling than a dish that reminds you of home . Cabbage Cooked with beef cubes , Tomato Breedie , Roti ,Briani those meals just to mention a few. They were always my fav dishes prepared by my grandmother. Her baked bread is such a gem. So many meals are my comfy foods.
To be honest I can’t cook them fairly as good as she does . I enjoy trying to. Easy comfy foods that I do have quick access to. Well then again something I could just whip up quick. Is indeed a good pasta. And pasta without cheese is so not a good pasta. Traditional white sauce made from scratch. With grated chedda cheese is a regular comfort dish.
On the subject of Comfort foods and a quick catch up with you. Life has been chaotic lately. In terms of my personal growth in fiance , my relationships with myself and Shaka . Including areas of my day to day J.O.B.
When you ever feeling like comfort food is just not enough and you need a great Convo. Such as those lengthy ones that you might have learned about over here. Call up a friend and just let loose with some girl time .
I spend my afternoon with a gorgeous soul . Whom added so much to where I currently find myself at . This beaut is a few years older than me. She taught me so much in such a short amount of time. Her wisdom and experiences she shared is truly something I will hang on to for as long as I live and learn. I hope that when I find better confidence in the strength I gained . I will be able to write about how powerful we can be when we snack with a girl friend . During our meet we had a classic Tea Party Vibe with cookies with crackers . Each other’s company and a comfy setting.
In the comment section below Comment what your fav Comfort Foods are and who you like Sharing them with.
Day Three of my 30 Day Challenge
Hmph what makes me happy well….
I love reading other people’s blog post . Each blogger adds fabric to the way we comfort ourselves. Here are a few blog post by Desert Missus whom is giving me life right now in the blogging community. She has given blogging a new meaning for me .
I don’t want to list self glorifying and obvious things that make me happy . I really want to dive into a few post that really helped me find joy with my current situation . Whatever that may be. Figuring out being 20 something. Not being happy in my job or feeling stuck in my career choice. You know the usssssge.
I asked permission before publishing this draft. The last thing I want to do is cut away the integrity of this piece.
The most recent blog post that stole my heart is right over here called Why Competence Always loses out to Confidence.
This was how much this post spoke to me , my response:
Another great post from Desert Missus was the first interweb interaction we had . Her style of blogging is similar to where I see myself in the blogesphere Hello Girlfriend.
When I grow up I want to have the lemonade she has to the lemons of life. I absolutely loved her date night ideas especially lounging on the floor with your hubby that you can read more about over here
A blog a bit more personal to me you can find over here .
If I had to pick in terms of shaping my online identity and simply thinking about what I want to offer my online friendships on social media. This post would be a winner.Five Ways to lose blog followers
I couldn’t be more happier to add that Desert Missus has adopted me as her online niece lol. The joys of having a sense of family from across the world. The power of the internet couldn’t be more amazing right now. I am loving the way I am growing with her blogs. If she showed up for me through her work I am sure she can pull through for you.
Give her blog a browse Subscribe if you vibing with her style and join her personal branding course by a click of a button. It is free It is a sisterhood for keeping things 100. Women of all ages will find her voice relatable.
Drop down a comment of blogs that make you happy. I would love to check out blogs that adds life to yours. xoxo T
Haaaaay You guys It’s day 3 of my 31 Day Challenge. Today’s challenge could be a bit of a touchy subject. What are my Pet Peeves? I never use to get easily annoyed but I have realized the older I get the more easily I get affected by peoples behavior .As always I promise to keep things 100 with you and in my pet peeves it is about to get real down below. You have been warned lol arrrrgh lets just get right in to it.
- Selfish Rambeling This would be the ME ME ME people. The conversation is always about them. When you discussing a personal situation. For example lets say difficulty in” your current relationship” . The scenario is specifically about what your partner is doing wrong right? These people generally make a relation between their partner and your partner. Comparing the two in the end. They don’t listen they just hear and add advice directly from their own experience. They have a hard time putting themselves in other peoples shoes. It is so hard for me to talk to ME ME ME people. Don’t get me wrong I love learning about people and I oddly find it interesting how ME ME ME people can be ME ME ME.
- Reverse Racism I will let this simmer over here and allow Superwomen to say it best
- Indecisive people dude I use to be one of them mainly because I never took responsibility for anything that went wrong. I learned a few years back to start thinking for myself and standing by my decisions. If you allow people to make decisions for you it is easy to point the finger and go well they told me to. Being in a relationship with Shaka taught me this big time. A lot of members in my squad were not thrilled about our relationship. They always said we give it about 3 years max then our love would run dry. My family members were not particularly thrilled and advised me to quit what we had. And again they had valid reason to. For more you can read over here. I would always allow other peoples opinion to fester on my mind. It affected the way I took responsibility for things. For the first time I chose Shaka despite the advice I got and when times were tough I had to stand by my decision and take responsibility for my role etc. Lately I have been meeting tons of people who beg me to tell them what to do. Whether it is personal advice or my clients. My clients really know how to get me frustrated with this one on a irritable professional level.
- Girls who don’t want to help other girls. Again I will gladly reference Superwoman yes I know I am a little obsessed with her. But why the hate you know what I mean what is the point. Why should we intimidate each other. I can speak from experience .I have had my guilty share of having the shoe be on the other foot. And time and time again I am told my first impression is not approachable. Sometimes I am saddened by hearing that. Other times I find comfort in that so people don’t step over me. I often use this as a blanket for protection to cover me for those mean girls. If you can relate leave a comment on this one.
- People who can’t be to the point regarding conflict or confrontation. They will talk around the bush and be all verbose. Add hints but never say exactly what they mean. It is so annoying because when S#!& hits the fan they dig up all the things they have been hinting about like months ago.
Let me know if we have similar pet peeves do you feel my pain. What are yours? Wish me luck for the rest of my 31 day Challenge and if you have challenged yourself before. Leave links in the comments below.