I am not as obsessed with Tv time as I use to be. Thanks to the power of the Internet. If you miss an episode you won’t necessarily kill yourself but you can download episodes or interact with an online stream.
As a 90s kid there are tons of Tv Shows that drew me in. What I like about you . How I met your Mother , Friends , Backstage , Chuck. Dude we could be here all day.
Something that I have grown with from my teens and even now in my 20s. Is the modern take of the Brady Bunch with Sass and positive vibes, Drum roll , feathers and Champagne bottles popping.
Keeping up with the Kardashian Yassssss.
Why? why not? I feel like that show encapsulate the personal drama we experience day to day. Ever feel like your best friend betrayed you boom I had the feels over here. Ever been there for someone and tried helping them but they can’t help themselves boom over here. Ever feel misinterpreted well duh click over here. Ever want to not Care and just live. Ever feel the need to be silly and joyous because you appreciate someone. Ever dream of a perfect Vakay and it doesn’t go as planned.
All images found from eonline entertainment
Comment down below what your fav Tv show is?
Well What is in your hand bag? I am curious. I kid you not I love watching these sort of Youtube Videos. See down below for my fav.
Jan 22, 2017 – Uploaded by Estée Lalonde
Estée Lalonde …. And yes if you use the, in my way, “regular” tampons you always have to wash your …
I have no excuse for those of you who were expecting an on time published post. I am so sorry I failed at day 20. I mentioned on Thursday that I was on a mini work vakay. I spent 4 days at home. Shaka the bae and I had lots of couple time. Sleeping in and being out and about. More than usual. We had a great time. So great that I was too exhuasted to publish my post on time.
Momentswithr&l My blogging bestie and I have been prepping for major girl time.
We had a few set backs in our plans. But I promise this kinda stuff is worthwhile in the end. I’m about to meet her bae whom you have to learn more about on her blog over here. A hint on our friendship catch up on my previous post here.
- Lizel and I have had some epic moments . Our friendship has matured in ways I never expected .
Today’s Challenge : What’s in my handbag
- Cell phone (work )
- Tablet (personal)
- asthma pump
- Calmex/rescue remedy
- hand sanitizer
- Tech kit portable charger earphones adapters
- Lady products in case the robots turn red
- Note book
These are items I normally have in my bag to work on a daily. When its my off day half of it gets put away. Like my tech items or my bible lady products cause I won’t be away from Home too long. Both devices are not always a must when its an off day. But work can be annoying almost always for otp’s and such.
What’s in your handbag in the comments below
Haaay beauts hope you well. I would love to know what you have been up to. The weekend has been so good for me it feels like it is here to stay.Although time is passing through.My note to myself is to priortize what matters most to me. I had a pretty good day balancing my To do list. To be honest it is Not always the norm but a great start for the blog I suppose . Kudos to me and kudos to you if you share the feels too.
If you enjoying my blogging challenge share your thoughts down below. If you dare to try a 30 day challenge get a bud to join you like mine MomentswithR&l .She’s been doing so well on her blog page . You should give her blog a browse.
Today’s challenge is about a huge Regret
I do believe that your mistakes help shape you. You do better when you know better. The truth of it comes with maturity. However if there had to be something I would do over. It would be showing love from a very little age. I struggled being affectionate because it was not my norm. My close circle are not touchy touchy folks.
As I grew older my girl pals would hug a lot. We would hold hands and share cheek kisses when we greeted each other. I wish I had done that with my cousin’s and friends . I wish I hugged every adult who impacted me. Every time my grandparents spoiled me I wish I showed more gratitude than what I had before. Whether it was a smile and outter choice of words to say I love you . Especially those I appreciated at a young age . I wish I never appreciated and showered them with silence. Silence is golden. If anyone spoke of another person who I loved in a bad light. I wish I had not remain silent. That is not love right guys?. If I love someone I shouldn’t love them in the closet. When you see something say something. And as a kid I hold tons of memories remembering instances like that. It could be not standing up for a friend a peer at school or a mentor. I could have loved more.
Today I am still learning and wanting to experience love in all its dimensions. With strangers and my inner circle. Acquaintances and loving myself. This regret is a big wave to ride but this was mine .
What is your philosophy on regrets leave comments below
Quick catch up: It is surely Friday and it has been a cold one in Sandton over the pass two days. The cold front has found foot at our door step and despite being on a long weekend . I have given in to not doing much for the day. My initial intention while being off from work was to not waist the day but to do as much as I can. In my head not waisting the day entails doing something worth remembering or at least productive. Let’s blame the cold front lol but seriously I slept in late . Shaka was given orders to bring a cup of tea to bed. I checked in with MomentsofR&L via whatsap. I had Jlo on the playlist while enjoying Shakas light breakfast which you don’t want to know . Or should I dissapointment you …Well basically left overs of last night’s meal reheated. His not one to cook from scratch. To be honest not long after I fell asleep. Eventually woke up after sleeping in. Gave myself a bath a long pamper session. A quick snack and I was off to Church happenings. My evening ended off super cool. Tonight at Rivers our Church we had Sisters and Shaka had a boy’s night at the men’s section. I am Man. I hope that where ever you found yourself this Friday you are being good and safe and out of trouble.
Today’s blog challenge is titled : A book you could read on loop
Now I am the type of girl who has a rule that if I can’t page through my bible as much as I would a secular book then I won’t do a book. I love self help books but nothing recent comes to my mind as much as this one .
Oh yeah we have either paged through this one ourselves or cheated in class while our English School teachers did all the reading for us. A popular book followed by schools globally. At high school we read this in our 10th grade I guess. While reading this I was so intrigued by almost every sense of this book. The amount of times it was rejected by publications. The fact that it won an award long after the author passed on. The politics and origin. The context and 21st century parallel. Dude I could go on and on. All I have to add is who my fav characters were . It has to be Clover and Boxer . Clover had this feminine approach towards every incident that occurs in this novel. Her sincerity and loyalty . Compassion and affection towards Boxer my fav as well. Boxer showed strength humility and courage. He reminds me of the qualities my grandparents possessed. This is a must read if you haven’t. This was the best part of my educational experience. I loved geography and business with a passion. However nothing intrigued me more than dissecting this book. A classic indeed.
Comment down below if you have read this book and what your thoughts are
The weekend is upon us boos. Hope you ready to unwind .This is going to be a long weekend ahead for me. I have been off from work since today. I know right lucky me. I am back in work mode next Monday. What I do have planned is firstly pushing through this blogging challenge. Hope you enjoying it so far. I know myself and my blogging bud Momentswithr&l are having a ball of a time. Secondly it is My 8 year anniversary month with Shaka so we will ease into some couple activities. Tomorrow morning a mean breakfast in bed is planned. Cuddling will be a must as the cold front finally arrived. We have been dreading the windy weather but thats okay. We surely plan to warm up. We have tons of Movies to watch. A game night some time this weekend. A walk to the Zone church festivities and we competing in a lip synch battle . I will tell you more about that a bit later so be plugged in to post that will follow.
Today’s blog challenge entails a list of Highs and Lows that has taken place this year
Before we just get into mine. I feel like a good reflection Sesh with yourself is always necessary . If your lows are outweighing your highs. Guess what the year is not over yet. Each new day is a second chance at being better than yesterday. The ball is completely in your court so remember it is up to you.
My 2017 lows:
- This year started off rough. It was the first time after relocating we had to find a new place to live . Our lease came to an end . We had a pretty shitty landlord. We gave notice 67 days in advance and was in search for a place since last year November. If you have experience in the world of moving. You can sympathize what a schlep it is. We had no idea if we would find a place in time.A place we could afford a down payment for it as well. The cost involved to get your ish mobile. The traveling cost to view possible living spaces . At a point I thought we had no option but to couch on someone’s sofa or relocate back home .
- I still work for the same company
- I had to postpone my studies at the New York Film Aademy
- As of yet let’s be real a huge low I have had no salary increase
- The National Arts Council effed up International student funding. So I didn’t get financial aid for my studies after spending my last money at the time to travel to their offices just to hand my application form on time. I had to take leave hours and pay for each document to be printed.
- Our new place shrinked in size compared to our first place.
- The cost of living has increased majorly this year but we manage to pull through each month.All glory to God on this one.
Highs for 2017
- We found a place 2 weeks before we had to be out the old apartment.Our new living pad is less than a km away from my work. We reside in the heart of Sandton. Our New Landlord has been super awesome.
- We grew folds in our Faith. I got baptized. We joined a connect group. We partnered with the church. We attend all the cool events the church host as of lately. Such as Winter Nights and Celebrations. I attended my first Sisters evening Shaka attended I am Man for the first time. You can learn more about it on the links where applicable.
- A high was indeed the way we perserved through our hard times. When we had to budget so tightly for our move. We literally walked kms just to view potential property. We walked to Paulshof from Rivonia there after to Fourways and back.On foot cause we had no money to waist. I sacrificed travelling money to work just in order to not be short of anything. Shaka literally walked to my place of work so I wouldn’t walk all by myself at night from work home. Those nights were pouring rain. But I will never forget it and pressing through the difficulty of that . We can only thank god for it all .
- Birthdays this year has been bomb in every way. Mine you can read more about over here. Shaka ‘s over here and Momentswithr&l here. I surprised my grandmother in July too. I haven’t written about it till now. My family lives in cape town and unfortunately I couldn’t make her birthday by being present this year. She celebrated her 70 th. My relatives hasn’t really heard me sing before . So I sent a voice note that was played at the afternoon of her birthday party. In front of close friends and family I had a message for her and a song I sang called The blood and her fav I know who I am. This was so special to me because this was truly from my heart and she really appreciated my gesture. According to my relatives I had them in tears so This meant everything .
- Shaka and I have been way more spontaneous. We go on long walks and have just had a sleep over at a friend’s place . We spend some late nights at my place of work together.His built a fun relationship with my co workers. We have tried new restaurants . We more social lately.
- I started a blog say whaaaat.
- I have mailed about 5 letters via post achieving those bucket list goals
- I have become way better at cooking
- I had my first breast ultrasound and am in good health down this alley.
- Lizel and I have had some epic moments . Our friendship has matured in ways I never expected .
- I have found the courage to get comfy in the truth of my life. I always use to pretend or cover up my flaws . I have learned the power and freedom that comes with telling the truth.
- I attended my first cellular launch with my company The Samsung launch S8 Unboxing
- The highs outweigh my lows and I am so grateful I can share bits and pieces of mine with you.
Thanks for hanging out with me today. All my love xoxo T
Good Evening babes. This is indeed a good start to the few days ahead. I just finished a 6 day brutual work schedule. However on the bright side there is a few free days ahead for me. So as you can imagine I am signalling all the good vibes for a “Mini vakay”.
Yesterday’s blog challenge detailed 15 interesting facts about yours truly. Today is about elaborating on the story behind the picture. I decided to defend my facts by showing you cool old Pictures. These pictures were from my days dancing at epic shows and studios .
Be warned I beg of you to please excuse the sucky quality in those megapixels.
This was taken in 2014. The bae and I got studio space at a Wellness Centre in Plumstead Cape Town. He taught dance professionally where as I the contemporary Girlfriend tagged along. Shaka worked 3 jobs in Cape Town as the hustle of a professional dancer is real. Below is what the gorgeous studio looked like. We paid rent without making much of a profit but loved every second of the hustle . And who wouldn’t love teaching these cute kiddos anyway.
I never saw myself as a professional dancer but I could dance to save my life . It has been a quick minute since I have even stretched and oh boy am I already far from a good split.
They say a picture holds a thousand words and it sure could. I remember being so happy here. I felt that when love and creativity combined nothing could separate the magic that those moments possessed. This was taken at his primary job. A performing art school where he taught hip hop dance in Paarl Cape Town. If you familiar with the route you can tell what a stretch that was. He surely travelled and worked hard to sustain a decent lifestyle .
This was a third job to Shakas resume . He taught in Athlone Cape Town on a Saturday of every week. He went on to compete In Las a Vegas at the Hip Hop International Dance Competition. This is a legendary opportunity. He placed top 14 in the world from his category. He ranked All style dance champion in south Africa that year . He respresented the country and repped well. Because he was away I took over his class with Beyonce teasers. I taught a piece to the song grown women.
We met at school. Particularly because of our love for the performing art. High School was huge in itself. Especially for a first year student. Bare in mind he was a senior and I was a junior. I attended drama class and he taught dance . This was a weekend extra mural activity opened to the public just hosted at the high school. I had no idea he even attended the school or was a senior. Until Mrs Lewis pointed that out.
To be fair dance brought us both to Johannesburg Sandton. This was our first flight together. We landed in Randburg Johannesburg for a dance competition. This was in 2014 we had no intention that time of moving. I can vividly remember not liking the atmospher and the environment. Now I adore the streets of Johannesburg.
Hey beauts hope you had a kick ass day. If you didn’t that’s A okay. Admit that the day sucked but don’t sulk in it. It might not be over but you can adjust the tone to it. As cheesy as it seems . Take a breath. Gasp in the bits of oxygen to possibily wind down. Stretch . Keep moving. Take a walk outside even if it is just for 10 mins. Don’t be deflated in self pity .keep moving cause the world ain’t stopping for you. Please bare in mind this is in fact a note to you and more so for myself.
Today’s challenge is all about 15 interesting facts about me. Presumably ones that you can’t already find on my blog. you ready? Okay lets shoot.
- I use to be a television presenter say what? You read right. I use to volunteer at an open studio program. This was recorded and aired through Cape Town Tv. They are a non profit Television Network. This session was opened to the public. You had the opportunity to host a talk show. The air time was about 30 mins. Excluding commercial breaks. I volunteered at the age of 17. At the age of 18 The opportunity started paying for a different show called Ek se . A teen program with the same Network.
- I can dance to save my life . I attended contemporary and African dance workshops. I obviously did Hip Hop as well thanks to Shaka.
- I Recieved contemporary dance training through Jazzarts outreach programs and private workshops
- I taught kids how to act. Dramatic arts in 2013 A voluntary summer boot camp. I hosted this with a local community centre. Kids attended throughout a 4 day free mahala class.
- I did tons of other community projects . I started my own voluntary community page . Targeted especially for teens . Volunteering from a young age gave me great persepctive.
- The first time I volunteered in the community was in grade 7. I was 12 going on 13.My English school teacher took us to the frail care centre. Since then I have volunteered at the same place more than 4 times.
- I currently work in the communication industry / retail division.
- My occupation is sales customer care consultancy admin and all the goods of being an acting assistant manager on occasion.
- When I first visited Johannesburg I said hell to the no I would never live here.
- This one will be fun only one person in my family motivated me to press through in Jhb at times I wanted to call it quits. That aunt is Adele. Read more about her over here.
- I started dating Shaka at the age of 15. Yes shocker don’t judge me . No wonder I have written about how much my family so was not impressed by him.
- A lot of foods I dislike I have tend to enjoy when I grew older . Examples Mushrooms , cooked carrots , milk and soup.
- I had more than a few anxiety attacks since the age of 14.
- I have written journals devoted to my sister and my God daughter. They all based on the things I learned since I left High School.
- I have only appreciated my up bringing till I moved away from Home .
This 30 day challenge has been bomb so far. The best part of open journaling and challenging myself is that no day documented is perfect. There is so much hard core stuff that happens in between bullet pointing my day or what could be on my iPods shuffle. It has been tough. I have to fuzz myself in coated desire to express the places I would like to visit. While I am feeling discouraged. Yeah that is right. Yesterday I was so far from being in the mood to tap into that topic. Despite backing out I kept my post short and sweet. It was posted later than usssssssg. However better late than never .
I picked myself up and dust off the deflated mood I was in to totally be Zen in this moment. This challenge I will dare you to try if you haven’t already. Like any daring thing in life .Can you push through and commit even when times are rough? You dealing with your own day to day hustle yet still trying to have digital presence and adhere to the topic.
Some topics were fluffy and imaginative while you feeling the complete opposite. But it is amazing to see the fruits of what is produce . Especially after not wanting to quit and push through.
This blogging challenge would have never brought life to this blog if it were not for my blogging bud Momentswithr&l. Do give her blog a browse comment on post you relate to.Today’s one is especially epic.
My earliest childhood Memory
Dude I remember tons of things.For Some reason my mind holds onto a lot of crappy memories too. I digress for “You hold Memories Memories don’t hold you”.
Closing my eyes in this very moment I see a kid with messy hair in a pink two piece. High waisted swim suite laying on a sofa. Being care free and freaken cute. My grandmother has this exact moment captured. This picture is living in the lounge area at home in Cape Town where I am from. Unfortunately I am km’s apart . Having them sent to me in a jpeg of the photo that has been framed won’t do justice. Due to that low megapixel quality my grandmother’s cell phone possess.
I was 3 years old. Already fearful of almost everything. Honey I have come along way. This day we went to the swimming pools . I knew the adult pool was way to deep for me. And my family wanted to have pictures taken close to the pool. I was so afraid because they wanted me in every picture.I had a fear of Drowning. I literally started sobbing. I don’t recall whether they knew why I was freaking out. All I know is I just was. I have pictures of those too. I will try and edit this post if I can get great quality images for them. Until then be creative with your imagination on this one.
My grandmother , dad and uncle . We’re all well styled on this day. They had retro fashion down to the T. Bare in mind it was the 90s. Their back packs were retro and colour blocking for sure. I had those toddler Sandles on with a Mickey mouse t-shirt. Every picture my hair would be standing way up. To this day I still don’t care for hair that much.
Another one of my memories from early on was how afraid I was to travel on escalators or elevators. I always had this fear of falling. I never liked that feeling you get when you feel the lift moving up or down. Whenever I would be on any one of those. I would cry my eye balls out.
Have you ever had these fears when you were young comment down below and share whether you willing to try a 30 day blog challenge .
I have introduced this topic on to my blog by adding it to my bucket list. There are two places I need to travel and experience. So I do see myself living in both places for a while.
First off It is London
Why you may ask? If it is not for the Mr Bean Sense of humor within me. It is for the Spice Girl culture. Atomic kitten vibes 101 dalmatian locations. Most romantic movies were filmed there. A personal fav is If Only. The smoothest boys on television Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly. Come on for Austin Powers . The telephone booths. An English roast . A cup of tea cuisine the list is endless. I should just end my motivation and say that my fav youtubers live there.
Next stop is Los Angeles
I saved this one for last because this was my first choice. I Knew L.A was a must since Crossroad came out. I use to be glued to television when behind the scenes takes would come on. Showing off Hollywood and its beauty. I love reading blogs about what moving to L.A is like. I do have tons of things to add but I will save it for a special post.
Images were found through google searches and movingtola.com
Comment down below what places you have to visit or would like to live in some day
Gorgeous Saturday to you guys. Wherever you may find yourself right now. Try and not to forget this day. If you have been following my 30 day challenge I just want to thank you for sticking around. I love catching up with you. If you have challenged yourself before leave links in the comments . If you haven’t I dare you to try.
Today’s challenge as always is joined with my blogging bud. Moments with R &L. We pretty much have to detail points of our day. Find my blogging buddy’s post over here and mine below.
We work together so our schedule is pretty similar. We worked today yaaaaaay us right on a Saturday sooooooh here it goes.
My Saturday Morning Pre leaving home
- I woke up this morning feeling way better than I did the day before
- I opened up my eyes from a fussed dream.
- I brushed my dream off and cuddled my bae Shaka for a bit
- I eventually got out of bed.
- I thanked God for the day and granting me a second chance at being better than before
- I had a cup of tea and took a moment to appreciate wanting to have a great attitude for the day ahead.
- Got ready and walked out the door for work
Setting my foot out the door
- I am literally walking distance from work and as the remote controlled gate closed from my home my blogging bud just pulled up. Her arrival was unexpected so I was just thrilled to see her and journey along to work together.
- We catched up while driving to work we haven’t seen each other the day before which was great fun sharing the things we missed.
- We made our work day our B!#$
Once We finished our working hours
- We sorter went our seperate ways but headed to the grocery store
- Shaka met up with me we got a few things
- We took a stroll home
- We had a snack and enjoyed an afternoon outdoors
- A little garden party while watching sunset and enjoying each others company
- we listened to the album American Teen the playlist was on shuffle it was the best way I could never forget this day
- He fell asleep I ate whatever I could nibble on
- I got comfy in my pjs
- I had a attitude for gratitude and opened up the desktop reminiscing on older memories
- And have decided to share my day and old memories with you
Some cool snaps I found
Hi you guys day 11 in on my 30 day challenge. Yesterday was such a great read from Moments with R&L. I had a humoungest smile on my face for it. If you haven’t already give her blog a browse. She has been my blogging bud particularly with this 30 day challenge. She is the brain behind this typo marathon. I couldn’t be more happy to try this.
Today’s challenge is if your iPod would be on shuffle what would the first 10 songs be. My list is right below
- Run & Gun Beyonce and Jay Z
- Smash into you Beyonce
- Me myself and I Beyonce
- He loves me Jill Scott
- Two becomes one Spice Girls
- Witness Katy Perry
- The way I love you Tamia
- All Night Chance the Rapper
- Real Friends Kanye West
- Some kinda drug G Eazy
This is personal favs I surely jam out to in my underwear. Lol TMI guys hope you find a few tracks to enjoy.Browse through my list. Links are found in each title.
Comment below if any sticks to you
All things Kardashian is surely mine. Yes I know they maybe controversial but I share no guilt in loving them one bit. I have grown with their family since the first season. I would get snippets of episodes when I visited family and friends . At my grandparents house where I grew up we never had dstv. So whenever I would visit someone that had .I would request E entertainment channel 124.
Why do I enjoy all things Kardashian well because why wouldn’t I? They thought provoking, loving and are pro positive vibes . They human relatable and daring. They bold and different.
All things Kardashian could be Keeping up. Their dash line the spin offs. Kylies show . Kocktails with Khloe an absolute fav. One of my blog post was a blog nomination. That entailed 11 fun questions that had to be answered. One of which was “What 3 celebrities would you invite to dinner” One of the three had to be Kris Jenner.
If their was any Kardashian I would dare to meet. It would be Momma bear Kris. I would drink whatever she would be drinking & soak in the glow of my guilty Pleasure.
Comment below what your guilty pleasure is